How to Categorize Real Estate Assets in Florida?

If you have been struggling with understanding specifications and guidelines for categorizing estate assets in Florida, you have landed at the right place. Depending on how complex the estate is, your experience could range from smooth-sailing, straightforward processes to maddening paperwork and other procedures. Here we break down the process, just as Fort Myers Real [...]

By |2021-01-06T05:11:04-04:00January 6th, 2021|Uncategorized|0 Comments

Asset Protection in Florida: How to Title Your Assets?

When we talk about asset protection, it refers to a set of laws, techniques, and strategies aimed at protecting your assets against the claims of creditors who may attempt to seize your assets. Thankfully, Florida state law has strong creditor protection provisions, especially in the real estate sector. If you are looking to protect your [...]

By |2020-11-11T08:18:08-04:00November 11th, 2020|Board Certified Attorney|0 Comments

Take Title To Florida Real Estate: Joint Ownership As Tenants In Common

By: Ned Hale, Attorney/Owner at Hale Law Group, P.A., Fort Myers, FL Board Certified in Real Estate by the Florida Bar Advantages:            -Easy. No documents to prepare. This is the “default” ownership method when two or more people jointly own real estate.            -Ownership shares can be unequal—i.e., one person can own, say, 60% and the other 40% [...]

By |2021-03-18T02:13:44-04:00September 26th, 2020|Real Estate Law|0 Comments

What can a Real Estate Attorney Do For You?

The real estate landscape in Florida has changed quite a lot over the years. Buying and selling a house requires a lot of paperwork. Also, it is often the most expensive purchase, which is why you need to get every detail right. While Florida is a great place to buy properties, regulatory changes have made [...]

By |2020-09-17T08:36:52-04:00September 17th, 2020|Real Estate Law|0 Comments

Real Estate Licensees Can Be Held Personally Liable For Negligence

Real Estate licensees frequently ask their legal counsel of board certified attorneys if they can be personally sued by a party to a sales contract or a lease.  Surely, these licensees reason, they can’t be sued personally – they are working for a company, after all, and isn’t limited liability the main benefit of working [...]

By |2020-08-29T09:12:18-04:00August 29th, 2020|Board Certified Attorney|0 Comments

Sole Ownership: Ways to Take Title to Florida Real Estate

By: Ned Hale, Attorney/Owner at Hale Law Group, P.A., Fort Myers, FL Board Certified in Real Estate by the Florida Bar   Sole Ownership: Advantages:            -Easy. No documents to prepare.   Disadvantages:            -No asset protection—creditors can seize the property unless it is homesteaded.            -Property passes through probate if owned at death, which can lead to delays [...]

By |2020-09-01T07:47:58-04:00July 29th, 2020|Real Estate Law|0 Comments

Take Title To Florida Real Estate: Joint Ownership As Joint Tenants With Right Of Survivorship

Advantages:-The surviving joint tenant(s) automatically receive the deceased joint tenant’s share. In other words, “survivor(s) take all”, regardless of what one’s will says. Avoids probate for that asset.    -All owners have the right of possession of the entire property.-Easy. Only need to make sure the deed reads: “As Joint Tenants With Right of Survivorship.”Disadvantages:-Only natural persons, and not trusts, corporations, [...]

By |2021-02-26T05:48:06-04:00May 22nd, 2020|Real Estate Law|0 Comments